Caring for Every Woman, Any Time
Here at Lotus Medics we provide the most complete gynaecological and obstetric care while always making a woman’s needs and comfort a priority.
How We Can Help
Healthcare for women requires a customised, patient-centric approach that prioritises the special interests and individual needs of each woman. At Lotus Medics, we will help you in the management and treatment of your reproductive and general health concerns.
Dedicated to Women's Health in all Walks of Life
Lotus Medics is a private, welcoming, friendly practice based in Orange, offering high quality patient centred care to the Central West NSW and beyond, through our Women’s Health service.
At Lotus Medics, we understand that every person is unique. We strive to listen and understand that uniqueness in each person, thereby offering a customised service.
Book an Appointment With Us Today
We are proud to offer you the convenience of 24 hr booking flexibility – you can book online when it suits you and be guaranteed an appointment at Lotus Medics.
Meet Dr Sachin
Dr Sachin Kotasthane is an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist who has been part of the medical community in Orange since 2013.
After training in the UK in a variety of specialised skills like Advanced laparoscopy, Urogynaecology, Pelvic ultrasound and Menopause management, and working as a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist in Glasgow, he emigrated to Orange with his young family to settle in the Australian countryside. His passion and zeal for introducing all the latest technology and treatments available to women in large cities led him to pioneer the following treatments in Orange.
Learn how to prepare for an appointment with us and what you can expect during the consultation and the treatment. If you have a scheduled surgery, click the button below to check how to prepare for the surgery.
For Referring Doctors
We are grateful for the trust demonstrated by the GPs when they allow us to care for their patients. We pride ourselves in communicating with the referring physician and health care professional before and after we see their patient.
Frequently Asked Questions
To help you learn more about getting gynaecology and obstetrics services in Central NSW
and Orange NSW, here are some answers to frequently asked questions.
A gynaecologist is a specialist doctor who primarily deals in female reproductive health. Gynaecologists diagnose and treat disorders of the female reproductive health including conditions that affect the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries and other parts of the female reproductive system from adolescence to menopause and beyond.
The difference between a gynaecologist and an OB/GYN is that an OB/GYN provides medical care during pre-conception, pregnancy, childbirth, and post-delivery while a gynaecologist provides medical care for all women’s health issues.
The role of an obstetrician and gynaecologist during pregnancy is to provide health care to ensure a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery process. They conduct prenatal testing, perform foetal monitoring and test for genetic disorders or possible birth defects.
It is recommended to visit a gynaecologist annually from the onset of your menstrual cycle. They might address issues or check for pelvic floor disorders, abnormal bleeding, infertility and polycystic ovary syndrome.
You would also see them when you fall pregnant as well as when you enter into menopause
Gynaecologist & Obstetrician in Orange and Central NSW, Australia
LotusMedics is a modern, and forward-thinking practice providing women’s health services located in Bloomfield Medical Campus, in Orange NSW, Bathhurst Specialist Centre and Ochre Health medical Centre Parkes.
At LotusMedics, we understand that every person is unique and our gynaecology services are tailored to each individual’s needs. Residents in Orange and the Central West can experience the best in women’s healthcare at one of our 3 conveniently located practices.
Highest Quality Gynaecological Care
Our experienced team at our Orange Health Service Clinic, Bathurst and Parks clinics, are at the forefront of women’s healthcare, bringing the latest in technological advancements in gynaecological services.
We specialise in providing professional care for a wide range of concerns related to obstetrics and gynaecology. LotusMedics expertly offers customised treatment options for menopause management, heavy menstrual bleeding and irregular periods, contraception, endometriosis, infertility, uterine fibroids, pelvic pain, prolapse and incontinence, ectopic pregnancy, high-risk obstetrics and other conditions.
LotusMedics offer a wealth of experience. Dr Sachin Kotasthane, LotusMedics' lead doctor has gained more than 20 years of experience working across three countries, in the field of obstetrics and gynaecology.
We ensure the use of the latest equipment and technology including minimally invasive surgery using advanced laparoscopic techniques. We use the latest diagnostic tests for ultrasounds, MRI, endoscopic examination, advanced laparoscopic surgery, colposcopy, pelvic ultrasound and pap tests.
How Gynaecologists & Obstetricians can promote Women’s Health in Orange and the Central West?
At our Orange health service centre, we cater to women who need patient-centred healthcare. Orange and Central West residents who visit one of our 3 clinics can get the following healthcare services.
- Diagnosis and treatment of reproductive system disorders including endometriosis, infertility, ovarian cysts, and chronic pelvic pain
- Management of menopause
- Personalised and holistic care during pregnancy and birth
- Early detection of health conditions to ensure good health outcomes
- Latest treatment and compassionate care for patients with ovarian, cervical, and other reproductive cancers.
At LotusMedics we understand that to improve women’s health, one must champion its cause at all levels. We believe in the following principles to improve women’s health:
- Education in Women’s health-Through his website-www.lotusmedics.com.au offers curated, evidence-based information on women’s health for a vast number of different conditions. He also offers pre-, peri- and postoperative support to help enhance recovery after surgery. Through a combination of carefully curated infographics, leaflets and videos-Dr Kotasthane and LotusMedics help women better understand the complex conditions affecting them.
- LotusMedics teams up with global partners to champion women’s health causes like Endometriosis and infertility.
- LotusMedics and Dr Kotasthane help create awareness for women’s health conditions like endometriosis, pelvic pain, prolapse, etc in the existing doctors but regular seminars and lectures and in the doctor of tomorrow by being involved in University teaching through the Sydney University
- Early adoption of the latest cutting edge investigative and treatment technologies, like 3D/4D ultrasound and Minimally invasive laparoscopic and vaginal surgery.
Beyond medical therapies and medication, the region’s leading gynaecologist and obstetrician, LotusMedics has extensive expertise in many gynaecological-obstetric procedures.
- Advanced Laparoscopy-this includes treatment to complex deep infiltrating endometriosis,hysterectomy,ovarian cysts,prolapse management,fibroids,etc
- Management of pelvic organ prolapse using both vaginal and laparoscopic techniques.
- Hysteroscopy including diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy
- Mirena Insertions and Removal
- Novasure Endometrial Ablation
- Myomectomies and In-bag morcellation of fibroids
- Endometriosis excision, division and anatomy restoration
- High-Risk Obstetrics