About Dr Sachin Kotasthane
Dr Sachin Kotasthane is an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist who has been part of the medical community in Orange since 2013.
After training in the UK in a variety of specialised skills like Advanced laparoscopy, Urogynaecology, Pelvic ultrasound and Menopause management, and working as a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist in Glasgow, he emigrated to Orange with his young family to settle in the Australian countryside. His passion and zeal for introducing all the latest technology and treatments available to women in large cities led him to pioneer the following treatments in Orange.
My vision is to make your treatment scarless or less scar! I believe that no woman should have a scar if it can be avoided and if she needs a procedure then we make it as minimally invasive as possible.
- First total laparoscopic hysterectomy service in Orange and has extended this service to other areas in the Central West like Parkes.
- Introduced Novasure ablation – the latest third generation endometrial ablation technique to Orange
- Introduced Pelvic floor Botox to the Central West, for intractable pelvic floor pain, including vaginismus.
He has worked in specialised centres in the UK, India and now offers the best of his knowledge, skills and global experience to patient management in Australia.
Why should you choose Sachin as your Obstetrician and Gynaecologist?
- He stands beside women in their fight against endometriosis and pelvic pain and constantly strives to improve their pain and fertility options.
- He understands that just because a pregnancy is high-risk does not mean that a woman cannot have the complete birth experience and, within the realms of safety, strives to give each woman the best birth experience to enable them to cherish the bonds of family.
- Sachin respects the role women play in society and the treatments he chooses whether it be for heavy periods or fibroids are the most minimally invasive, enabling women to return to work and their daily activities sooner.
- He is also a huge believer in choice and that there is always a customised approach for everyone depending on their unique experiences, perceptions and beliefs.
- This also means being woman-centred and putting what is best for women at the heart of his treatments rather than what is necessarily convenient and easy for doctors.
- He knows that just because you have had children it is not okay to leak, need to wear a pad all the time or have a large bulge called prolapse that causes backache and hampers quality of life.
- He acknowledges that there is quantity in our lives, and we need to inject quality in it. This is the core of his menopause management, which relies heavily on lifestyle changes as well as medication.
- Whether it be equipment or his multidisciplinary team, Dr Sachin Kotasthane will always choose the best for your care and never compromise on quality.
What do his qualifications mean?
When he is not working?
Sachin enjoys time with his family. His wife Victoria is a GP and his partner in establishing and running Lotus Medics, and he has 3 children – 2 boys and a girl. He also loves to cook and play the piano and reads avidly.